We invite the submission of papers related to Natural Language Generation (NLG) and Healthcare.
The goal of this workshop is to bring together researchers interested in applying NLG to all aspects of healthcare and to encourage discussion about common issues, challenges, and discussion in NLG for healthcare.
Papers are welcome on all aspects of Natural Language Generation in Healthcare. Any papers that describe use cases using NLG to accurately and clearly present key information to doctors, patients, or other stakeholders in order to enhance healthcare quality and outcomes are welcomed. This includes but is not limited to:
- Applications for health behaviour change
- Business intelligence for healthcare
- Clinical decision support
- Creating patient information material
- Data-to-text methods involving health data
- Educational materials for low health-literacy patients
- Health chat-bots and intelligent agents
- Health-Coaching dialogues
- Innovative applications of generation in the healthcare setting
- Mobile-health applications involving language generation
- Patient education apps
- Patient-tailored health reports/hospital release reports
- Producing clinical reports and documents
- Producing patient-tailored reports
- Providing information about pharmaceuticals
- Providing information about medical devices
- Safety reporting
- Summarizing Electronic Health Record data
- Summarizing hospital stays
- Summarizing physician consultation or visit notes
All deadlines are 11:59 pm UTC -12h (“Anywhere on Earth”).
15 Apr 2022: Deadline for submissions via ACL Rolling Review
10 May 2022: Deadline for submissions via dedicated OpenReview site
1 June 2022: Commitment deadline for ACL Rolling Review
4 June 2022: Notification of acceptance for papers
18 June 2022: Camera-ready papers due
Submitted papers may be either long papers (8 pages) or short papers (4 pages), plus unlimited pages of references. Additionally, we allow for the possibility of submitting an extended abstract (2 pages, plus unlimited references), for non-archival submissions. Please follow the ACL formatting requirements and templates found at https://acl-org.github.io/ACLPUB/formatting.html. Final versions of papers will be given one additional page of content for addressing reviewers’ comments. The accepted papers will appear in the workshop proceedings.
The review process is double-blind. Therefore, no author information should be included in the papers. Self-references that reveal the author’s identity must be avoided. Papers that do not conform to these requirements will be rejected without review.
Submissions can be done in two ways:
- ACL Rolling Review: Deadline 15 Apr 2022. Paper submissions may be made through ACL Rolling Review. Please refer to the ARR call for papers for style files and guidelines. The last date for “committing” papers + reviews to NLG4Health 2022 will be June 1, 2022 11:59:59 AOE. Authors will “commit” papers to NLG4Health 2022 through the NLG4Health 2022 OpenReview site (link to come).
- Dedicated NLG4Health 2022 OpenReview site. Deadline 10 May 2022.
Optional Supplementary Materials
Authors are allowed to submit (optional) supplementary materials (e.g., appendices, software, and data) to improve the reproducibility of results and/or to provide additional information that does not fit in the paper. All of the supplementary materials must be zipped into one single file (.tgz or .zip) and submitted together with the paper. However, because supplementary materials are completely optional, reviewers may or may not review or even download them. So, the submitted paper should be fully self-contained.
Papers uploaded to preprint servers (e.g., ArXiv) can be submitted to the workshop. There is no deadline concerning when the papers were made publicly available. However, the version submitted to NLG4Health must be anonymized, and we ask the authors not to update the preprints or advertise them on social media while they are under review at NLG4Health.
Contact email@example.com for more information.